The Museum Shop has a variety of items for all ages of visitors. We offer a unique selection of clothing, housewares, stationary, crafts, toys, local artisan items, interesting books, and souvenirs to commemorate your trip to Litchfield, along with much more! Stop by today to browse, call us at (860) 567-4501, or e-mail us to place an order. We have a select number of shop items available online here.
• green bags
• toys and games
• decorative items
• local artisan items
• note cards
• greeting cards
• Connecticut Families of the Revolution by Mark Allen Baker
• Hidden History of Litchfield County by Peter Vermilyea
• Forgotten Drinks of Colonial New England by Corin Hirsch
• Taming Lust by Doron S. Ben-Atar
• Tempest-Tossed by Susan Campbell
• Prudence Crandall’s Legacy by Donald Williams
• The Heathen School by John Demos
• Heroes for All Time by Dione Longley and Buck Zaidel
• Looking for Jackie by Kathleen Craughwell-Varda
• Litchfield Style by Annie Kelly and Tim Street-Porter
Additional topics of books we carry:
• colonial traditions
• biking and hiking in CT
• art history
• law history
Historical Society Publications
• To Ornament Their Minds: Sarah Pierce's Litchfield Female Academy 1792-1833
• To Please Any Taste: Litchfield County Furniture & Furniture Makers, 1780-1830
• Though Inanimate They Speak:
Ralph Earl Portraits in the Collection of the Litchfield Historical Society
• Litchfield: The Making of a New England Town
• The House of Worth: Fashion Sketches 1916 • 1918
Our newest publication is available!
• A History of the Litchfield Hills Road Race: In Smallness, There is Beauty
These are just a few of the items you will find at our shop.
Visit us at 7 South Street to see more of what we have to offer.